Sunday, October 09, 2005

We Have a Tour Vehicle!!!


Rachel and I are the proud owners of a new Toyota Corolla 140i. It is a nice entry level corolla and Rach and I decided to splurge and get an air conditioner installed. We chose to not get the stereo at this time. That was just a little to luxerious for us. I am very excited knowing that this is the car we are going to tour this beautiful county in with a ministry that we are so happy to work with. It's like when Traveling Mercies got the RV. We were so happy knowing that this vehicle would allow us to do our ministry and I feel the same way about the Corolla. I will post a picture later. however, if you want to know what it looks like, go outside and look around until you find one, it should not take very long. Just imagine it silver, the steering wheel on the other side and me driving with a smile of my face, a song in my heart, and the wind blowing through my handle bar mustache.

I went on a tour of Soweto yesterday with some of the Americans and a couple of Africans from the team. Soweto is a huge township outside of Jo'burg where a lot of historic stuff went down in the fight of freedom in South Africa. It was very interesting learning more about this country and being where some very important events took place.

Thats about from the Dark Continent. Until next time, keep it sassy America. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Handle bar mustache? Very classy.

Bangyerdead said...

Hey, Y'all!
Can't wait to hear more about your ministry! And the cool wheels!
Right now the only thing running across my mind is...do you find yourself twirling the ends of that circa 1910 moustache of yours?
With Love From Above,
Adam