Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We're Home

We are here. I am so sorry that it took so long to write. Getting time to write on the internet is a little difficult. We are enjoying our first week living in South Africa though. We are still recovering from the jet lag, however it is starting to ease. Rachel and I really feel at peace about being here. We were both a little freaked out about coming here at first, however when we landed and woke up the next morning (at 3:00 am, thanks jet lag) we knew without a doubt that this is where we are to be.

This week we have been working on the normal life things, bank account, cell phone, car shopping etc. It has been hectic though. Nothing here is easy and anything you do takes 2 or 3 trips to the same office to get it done. Annoying, but no big deal. I must go, but I will post more info soon. Please be praying for us as we do our car shopping and still work out the details of our home. As of yet we don't have a loan. That was new information once we arrived also. Cheers,

Chris

4 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Chris and Rachel, How are my favorite redheads? Just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you. Momma B

Anonymous said...

Rachel and Chris,
Thanks for keeping us posted. I can't wait to see pictures and read about your experiences, this is by far one of the most exciting things, ever! I will keep you in my prayers. I love you forever!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Can you use your 15 anytime minutes on me this month?

Mandy said...

you guys, i'm so glad you're there safely! I can't wait to keep reading about life in South Africa!