Friday, December 28, 2007

Weight Just a Minute.

I have a bit of a weight issue.

Firstly, I complete a triathlon earlier this month and was very proud of myself. It was the longest bit of endurance sport I have ever done. However, since then I have done nothing. So while I was pretty fit, now I am not. I was hoping to arrive back in America nice and lean, now I am not. Oh well. This isn't why I am writing this post.

There is a weight restriction on luggage that you can take on an airplane. I think this is so people can't hide in luggage. But, whatever the reason we are allowed 2 bags at 23kgs each. When we moved here we were allowed 32kgs per person. So that is making packing more difficult.

So today I took our largest piece of luggage to the gym to weigh my bag on the nice electronic scale in the locker room. Our bag that I was hoping was 23kgs weighed in at 31kgs. In travel terms, we are screwed. So I unpacked the back to where it weighed 23kgs and now we have a lot of extra stuff that we don't know what to do with. Plus, the airline charges R650 ($100) for every KG you are over, THATS INSANE!!!!!

Thats our problem at the moment. If you have any handy hints, I would love to hear them. If you would like to sponsor me a new wardrobe, I will leave all my clothes here and we will make the weight. We will take any suggestions. Cheers.

Chris

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

OK, I don't think my comment posted... so I'll sum it up...
- Goodwill might have cool clothes
- Maybe you could ship some of your clothes home (it has to be cheaper than $100 a kg!)