Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Aunt Pat.

For you that don't know I grew up mostly with my aunt Pat. Growing up my mother and I had a bad relationship (which has become really good over the past few years) and when I was in jr high I moved out of my moms home and moved in with her sister Pat. For me Pat was a savior, she took me in and treated me as her own child and loved me as much a person can love another person. We were parent/child, but beyond that we were great friends.

Well, 3 years ago Pat died of cancer and I miss her so badly. I don't think there was a person who didn't like Pat or could say that she didn't make them feel special. Today will always be a sad day for me, but I know that she is much better now. I hope that I can be half the parent that she was to me. Cheers.

Chris

No comments: