Sunday, April 20, 2008

Maiden Voyage.


I took the 29er out on a quick ride this morning before church. I got the bike Friday evening from UPS and the living room became a bike shop for while (there still a bike stand in the living room, which I think is a nice accessory, better than a plant). Yesterday, I fiddled with the brakes all day and haven't gotten then perfect yet, but good enough. What a dude thing to say "hey....the brakes don't really work......but, thats cool, I'll be alright.....".



So I threw the bike in the Jeep and headed up to Thumb Butte Park for a quick ride. I did the 392-326-367 route (which we only call 392, but for your sake I named all the trails and added little arrows on the map to show you how we ride it, your welcome).

On the map you will see where I parked and road up the road to catch the trail. The first half of the loop is pretty much all climbing, the snail marks the switchbacks that make you feel like you are going to have a heart attack. The new bike climbed well, but the sitting position is a bit different than what I am used to so that was a little strange plus the saddle was really digging into my downstairs/taint/tweenis/tweener/undercarriage really badly so I need to make a few adjustments.

At the top of 392 its all downhill and the bike handled great. I don't know if it was the bike or the lack of brakes, but I rode that section better than ever. Awesome.

So that was the first trip, it was fun and there will be plenty more fo' shizzle.
Cheers.

Chris

No comments: