Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Can Brown Do For Me?



Brown

I'm super stoked about getting my Gary Fisher 29er any day now. The guy I bought it from dropped it at the UPS a few days ago and the website says I should expect in on Friday, we'll see. Here is the tracking info I gathered off of upsstore.com.

4/15/2008 8:04:00 AM IN TRANSIT TO MESQUITE, TX US
4/15/2008 8:03:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN MONTGOMERY, AL US
4/15/2008 2:27:00 AM LOCATION SCAN MONTGOMERY, AL US
4/15/2008 12:57:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN MONTGOMERY, AL US
4/14/2008 9:00:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN FT. WALTON, FL US
4/14/2008 8:09:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN FT. WALTON, FL US
4/14/2008 7:13:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US

So it was just outside of Dallas earlier this morning. (Side Note: When I was a kid I used to watch the rodeo on tv and they were located in Mesquite, TX. Don't know why I remember that. )
I think it could make it here before Friday.

Nerves

I was a bit nervous buying this bike for several reasons.

1. It was on eBay so I hope it wasn't stolen.

2. It's used so I hope it works right and I don't have to get the thing fixed before I even get a chance to break it.

3. I am not very good at spending money on myself. I wish I could enjoy getting stuff for myself, but I was raised to not buy stuff for myself because its selfish or something.

4. I've never ridden a 29er except once down the alley behind a bike shop, it was a good ride and the it was this particular bike, it felt a bit heavy, but the size was nice. Plus, I've done a ton of reading on the 29er issue and figured that worse case I could resell it. You can read a little about it here. Plus I think they look wicked cool.

But, it will be great having my own bike again. I haven't owned one since I gave my MTB and road bike away at a MARTA station in ATL, another story for another time.

So "Brown" (not Zoid, UPS) I look forward to you delivering my bike on or before Friday so I can (hopefully if the things not crap) ride Granite Basin on Saturday, perfect. Cheers.

Chris

No comments: